Not every Opera user has the cutting edge snapshots of the upcoming Opera 10.60 browser installed. The latest public version of Opera is 10.53 and users of that or an earlier version are asked to updated to Opera 10.54 immediately to close several security vulnerabilities in those Opera versions.
The announcement at the Opera Desktop Team blog does not go into detail, stating that Opera 10.54 is a “recommended security update” for Mac and Windows systems.
The change log for Windows lists the fixed security vulnerabilities, among them an extremely severe issue.
- Prevented Opera from being used as a vector for a font issue in the underlying operating system, as reported by Microsoft’s security team
- Fixed an extremely severe issue; details will be disclosed at a later date.
- Fixed a highly severe issue; details will be disclosed at a later date.
- Fixed a moderately severe issue; details will be disclosed at a later date.
- Fixed a less severe issue; details will be disclosed at a later date.
No details were disclosed at this time, most likely to give Opera users enough time to update their web browser to prevent exploitation of the issues.
Opera 10.x users can update the web browser by clicking on Menu > Help > Check for Updates in the web browser. Downloads are also available directly at the Opera website.
Â© Martin for gHacks technology news, Software And Internet Tips For The Geek In You, 2010. | Permalink | Add to del.icio.us, digg, facebook, reddit, <a href="http://www.stumbleupon.com/submit?url=http://www.ghacks.net/2010/06/21/opera-10-54-released/&title=Opera 10.54 Releasedstumbleupon, twitter
Post tags: opera, opera 10, opera 10.54, opera security, opera update
Continua a leggere – Original Link: Opera 10.54 Released