Opera 10.51 was released less than three weeks after the release of the Opera 10.50 milestone release. Three public release candidates were released in rapid succession before the final version of Opera 10.51. The new version of the popular web browser fixes many user interface inconsistencies and bugs that have made their release in Opera 10.50, a release that many users thought to be rushed out by the developers to meet the browser ballot screen introduction in the European Union.
Opera 10.50 increased the performance of the web browser by a lot. The Opera browser is now one of the fastest web browsers available on the Internet and the developers promise that Opera 10.51 increases the speed further by up to 27% in the Peacekeeper benchmark compared to Opera 10.50.
Opera 10.51 additionally fixes two security issues making it a recommended update for any Opera user.
Changes since Opera 10.50 (with Opera Widgets for Desktop)
* Drag and Drop not working in some instances
* Deleting a bookmark closing/collapsing all folders
* Focus being lost when deleting bookmarks
* Integrated search performing searches in Google and not in the page
* The Opera O menu button reappearing when the Menu bar is enabled
* The Opera icon remaining in the system tray after closing Opera
* Minimized tabs not displaying after a restart
* Favicon not being added to Bookmarks due to a question mark in the filename
* Individual characters in Chinese text being rotated anti-clockwise
Mail, News, Chat
* A problem occurring when right-clicking entries under “All messages” and selecting Compose
* Chat notification appearing if a chat tab is active
* Ghost e-mails appearing in the Trash folder after emptying it and restarting Opera
* Message not loading when it is deselected and selected again
* Mail being blank when using fit to width
* Attached files not being sent if mail is sent immediately after attaching them
* Opera Mail welcome e-mail message not being localized
* The text part of HTML e-mails missing the reply character ” > ” for block quotes
Display and scripting
* Icons missing from menus in 16-bit color mode
* Slow scrolling performance
* Incorrect font used for a UTF-8 encoded page without the language (CJK) being specified
* Fixed an issue where the HTTP Content-Length header could be used to execute arbitrary code; see our advisory (http://www.opera.com/support/search/view/948/).
* Fixed an issue where XSLT could be used to retrieve random contents of unrelated documents, as discovered by crazypops; see our advisory (http://www.opera.com/support/search/view/949/).
o Cookies received over NPAPI being incorrectly parsed
o Reverted the blocking of third party cookies by default
o Opera sometimes storing a cookie for the domain it came from, rather than the set domain
The new Opera 10.51 can be downloaded directly from the Opera website.
Continua a leggere – Original Link: Opera 10.51 Windows Released