Every computer user should have at least one data recovery software at hand in case of an emergency. This can be useful after accidentally deleting a file from the computer system, a system crash to recover important documents, a virus attack that deleted some important files on the system and basically any other scenario where files that should not be deleted have been.
Easeus Data Recovery Wizard is a commercial file recovery software for the Windows operating system. We reviewed Data Recovery Wizard back in 2008. Back then it was version 4.3.6. of the application, today’s giveaway is version 5.0.1.
- Recover deleted or lost files emptied from the Recycle Bin.
- File recovery after accidental format, even if you have reinstalled Windows.
- Disk recovery after a hard disk crash.
- Get back files after a partitioning error.
- Get data back from RAW hard drives.
- Recover office document, photo, image, video, music, email, etc.
- Recover from hard drive, USB drive, memory card, memory stick, camera card, Zip, floppy disk or other storage media.
- Support FAT12, FAT16, FAT32, NTFS/NTFS5 file systems.
- New! Windows 2000/XP/2003/Vista/2008/Windows 7
When To Use
- Hard Drives that have been formatted.
- Corruptted or missing critical file system structures.
- Accidental file deletion.
- File loss without reason.
- Unexpected system shutdown or application failure.
- Computer viruses and worms infection or corruption.
- Boot-up problems.
- Partition structures are damaged or deleted.
- Damage due to a power failure or surge.
- Various kinds of file system corruption.
- Recover files from devices with unknown file systems including Hard Disk, external ZIP/USB drive, removable SmartMedia, MemoryStick, SD cards, etc.
The startup screen of the software has not changed at all. It still provides access to the three core recovery options each providing tools for specific recovery scenarios.
The first recovery option can be used to recovery files that have been deleted from the computer system. A list of all connected hard drives is displayed after selection.
The selected hard drive will be scanned by the application. This can take some time depending on the speed and size of the hard drive or partition. It took about five minutes to scan a 260 Gigabyte hard drive with Windows running on it.
The recovery software will display a list of files that it can try to recovery. Folders are displayed in the left sidebar while the actual deleted files that have been found during the scan on the right. Each file is displayed with its filename, file size, file type and dates.
Icons are used to distinguish between lost folders, deleted files or folders and lost or raw files. The top contains buttons to find a file by name, search the files or to preview files
Files or folders can be selected to be recovered and a click on the Next button will initiate the recovery process. It is recommended to save the recovered files on a different partition or hard drive to avoid data loss due to overwriting the wrong space on the hard drive.
Complete recovery can help if the hard drive has been formatted, if Windows displays a dialog to format the disk although data had been on it before, after virus attacks and software crashes.
The interface is basically the same as before with the difference that unformatted partitions are also displayed in the selection window.
The partition recovery mode can be used to recover partitions that have been accidentally deleted.
The installation of Easeus Data Recover Wizard is comfortable. The program will be registered automatically during installation if it is installed today.
Easeus Data Recovery Wizard is available for free today at the Giveaway of the Day website. The homepage at the Easeus website contains additional information and several how tos that might be helpful to users who want to recovery files or partitions.
Continua a leggere – Original Link: Data Recovery Wizard Review